Replace missing teeth with functional and beautiful-looking dental implants
Tooth loss can significantly impact quality of life, robbing you of confidence, as well as activities many take for granted, such as eating, smiling, or speaking clearly, and can even result in jawbone loss. We provide dental implant options that function just like your original teeth to restore your smile’s function, health, and aesthetic, reversing what was lost while also proactively preventing future structural problems.
The dental implant procedure
A dental implant is a dental prosthetic designed to replace your tooth and its root. An implant comprises a titanium base fixture, an abutment, and a crown. The titanium base is surgically placed in your jawbone to act as an artificial tooth root. Above the implant base, we attach an abutment that emerges above the gum line to connect your implant to the crown.
The dental implant process consists of several intricate procedures to ensure your restoration replicates the appearance and function of your natural teeth. The procedure of placing an implant involves the steps below.
- An oral examination ensures you have a healthy jawbone and your smile is free from cavities and gum disease
- Removal of damaged or decayed teeth, where necessary
- Anesthetizing your gums to minimize pain during surgery
- Surgically inserting a titanium screw in your jawbone
- At this point, there is 4-6 month healing process which will allow gum tissue to recover and your implant to integrate through osseointegration
- Once healed, an abutment is placed along with a ceramic crown, which mimics your original tooth
Dental implants take several months from start to finish, and much of that time is taken for healing as the jawbone and implant fuse to form a structurally sound foundation for the tooth replacement. Once ready for the crown, the length of the process fades. The focus is the beautiful end-result.
Benefits of dental implants
Dental implants are the best option to replace your lost teeth. Just a few benefits of dental implants include:
- They last a lifetime with proper care
- They stimulate your jawbone to preserve its volume and density
- They are easy to maintain
- They have a natural look and feel
- They restore your oral function and hygiene
- They are self-supporting — no need to alter the adjacent teeth
Dental Implants are among the best ways to replace missing healthy tooth structures. By way of top-notch technology and highly skilled doctors, restoration of overall function and appearance of what was taken by trauma or decay is well within reach. Restoring your smile is truly our privilege. To begin the process, please call (858) 755-9775 to reserve an appointment today to discuss your best options.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.